Environmental and Energy Officer
Wednesday 1st February 2023
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for an Environmental and Energy Officer for our client in the food manufacturing industry based in Dublin 15.
Responsible for the co-ordination of all environmental and energy saving policies on site. Ensuring compliance with statutory and group energy and environmental monitoring initiatives. The successful individual will lead by example in people engagement and health & safety protocols.
- Maintain compliance with environmental regulations on site
- Implement group environmental policies and practices and cascade down where applicable
- Complete relevant tasks to fulfil the environmental management system & ISO14001 standard requirements
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders when completing environmental sampling & testing to ensure adherence to licence requirements and support where required
- Act as point of contact to the EPA for the site conducting any required investigations & reporting
- Resource monitoring & reporting
- Waste management & reporting
- Proactively lead and support all employees in their adherence to the environmental management system on site
- Provide environmental training to all employees and cross functional teams on site
- Lead the way as the environmental champion in highlighting and resolving environmental issues
- Lead the way as the sustainability and biodiversity champion implementing group sustainability measures
- As energy champion you will plan, regulate and monitor energy usage on site, provide technical and practical advice and offer training on energy efficiency
- A third level qualification in Environmental Science or related discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as an Environmental Officer or similar
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient IT skills; particularly MS Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interact well with management peers
- Strong technical ability with financial analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent understanding of operational controls
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team management experience
- Effective time management, planning and organisational skills
- Experience of auditing or project management would be advantageous
- Working knowledge and/ or experience in wastewater treatment design / operation would be advantageous
- On the job exposure to product & industry will be provided
This is a full-time, permanent position with salary of €40K – €45K DOE plus pension, healthcare, bonus and much more for the successful individual.
Working hours will typically be Monday – Friday with a 40 hour week. Occasionally there will be weekend work, therefore flexibility is required.