Freight & Logistics
Exhibition Freight Forwarder
Friday 18th August 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively recruiting for a Exhibition Freight Forwarder for our client a leading logistics event company based in Dublin.
You will be responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing exhibition freight forwarding and project logistics across Ireland and abroad.
You will need to be available out of hours and weekends while the events are in progress.
Provide operational support in the exhibition and event logistics sector. Coordinate domestic and international freight movements. Manage day-to-day operations and customer services to/from events in Ireland and abroad. Some International travel involved to large overseas events.
- Oversee logistics of customer shipments to events in Ireland and abroad
- Lead the service delivery teams at events (e.g. Medical, Sports, Tech Events) ensuring the highest standards of customer care and operational performance
- Organise and take charge of onsite deliveries and installations of shipments
- Build positive relationships with new and prospective customers, suppliers, venues and global agents as well as other departments
- Process, distribute and monitor participant lists and other leads to generate customer enquiries and client requests.
- Prepare and issue freight quotations and schedules
- Provide appropriate shipping advice and planning support to each customer
- Maintain detailed records of shipping documents and ensure compliance with customs clearance formalities
- Previous experience managing teams in a fast paced environment
- Freight Forwarding experience preferable with a good understanding of customs procedures
- Excellent people skills; personable, persuasive, and presentable with drive and dedication
- Team player, capable of developing a strong rapport with colleagues and customers
- Full clean driving licence
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Salary of 40K to €45K Depending on experience
- Bonus of up to €5K
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card
- WFH and flexible working arrangements between events is optional