Field Engineer Semi-Conductor Industry
Thursday 8th February 2024
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for an experienced Electronic OR Mechanical Engineer for our client, an engineering company serving the semiconductor and high tech manufacturing industry based on site at Intel, Co. Kildare.
Our client is a trusted partner to a leading supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the worldwide semiconductor industry, providing innovative productivity solutions for plasma etch, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD) and wafer cleaning. Their personnel help them deliver the most challenging hi-tech multi-service projects.
For their Kildare location in Ireland ,they are looking for Field Service Engineers to join the local account teams, supporting their clients products for their customers by providing on-site technical support.
- Responsible for quality on-site repair and maintenance service of complex electro-mechanical systems. Replace defective units, components or parts as appropriate. Apply troubleshooting techniques to eliminate equipment malfunctions
- Install or relocate customer equipment and perform associated start-up and check-out procedures under supervision
- Perform application related Project Management, which includes executing of project action items under direct supervision. Shadow more experienced engineers at customer sites to gain the relevant certification levels
- Professionally represents the company to the customer
- Frequent business travel required
- Technical certificate/diploma or university degree in Electromechanical or Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 8 years’ experience required of applicable experience as well as significant service experience are required
- Strong Project management, organizational and communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English with strong communication skills written and verbal
- Salary: €60,000 basic
- Travel Allowance: €300 month
- Shift Allowances: Day Shift rotation 15%. Day / Night shift rotation 30%
- Annual Bonus
- Hours: needs to be available and willing to work shift rotations.
- Health insurance: Up to €150 monthly contribution to a plan of your choice (following completion of probationary period)
- PRSA Scheme: Company will match contributions up to 5% salary (following completion of probationary period)
- Travel to USA for training