Field Service Engineer – Material Handling Equipment
Tuesday 16th May 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively recruiting for a Field Service Engineer for our client, a specialist in the supply and maintenance of materials handling and lifting equipment, based in North Kildare.
You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs and service support on all of the companies equipment on clients sites.
Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role but we are also looking for candidates with previous experience as mechanics or fitters who would like to take the next steps in their careers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduled preventative and unscheduled corrective maintenance on machines
- Work on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies and systems
- Accurate reporting of root cause analysis, problem-solving, data logging and corrective actions failure mechanisms of equipment and systems
- Accurate reporting of failure mechanisms of equipment and systems whilst following detailed work-based instructions and procedures
- Ensuring safety and quality standards are maintained.
- Fault finding
- Completion of relevant electronic paperwork; service reports, timesheets etc
- Performing quality checks in line with process specifications
- Using MS Office and in-house computer system as required
- Technical Qualification: Recognised technical trade, ideally mechanical qualification
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as Field Service Engineer
- Excellent timekeeping, organisational and communication skills
- Awareness and appreciation of Health and Safety requirements
- Full Clean driving licence
- Strong computer skills, experience using call reporting systems
- Willingness to travel locally and to clients within Europe
- €45K to €60K OTE, plus Commission
- Company Van
- Work Phone + Laptop
- Monday to Friday, but available to cover weekends very occasionally