Medical Sales & Product Specialist – OTE €95k
Friday 8th September 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively recruiting for a Medical Sales & Product Specialist, for a field sales role operating in the greater Dublin and North East area.
Our client provides clinically differentiated medical and surgical devices and consumables that help improve patient outcomes. Their products aim to prevent avoidable infections, deliver safer, easier patient care and reduce the total cost of healthcare.
They are now looking to add to their sales team and recruit an experienced sales person that would have experience dealing with Hospitals in Ireland OR an highly experienced Nurse that would like to move into a sales environment.
Overall purpose of the role
The Sales & Product Specialist is a field based commercial sales position which is accountable for maximising the sales, usage and profits of company products in the Skin Prep Portfolio, in line with the business strategy, to Healthcare professionals.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Drive Profitable Growth:To deliver profitable growth in sales of products against specific objectives and within the given timeframes.
- Maximise Sales: To maximise sales within hospitals already using their products and to proactively identify new opportunities in accounts in both the public and private healthcare sectors.
- Customer focused: To establish an on-going relationship with customers who are responsible for the selection, on-going use and purchasing of products. Developing and nurturing relationships with key opinion leaders and other local influencers to promote products in line with the company strategy and industry guidelines.
- Prioritise opportunities: Maximise selling time in front of the customers, gain an understanding of the customers real requirements (use of probing open questions, create an urgency and shorten the selling cycle, gain a customer commitment to action at every call.
- Strategic account planning: for the area with particular focus on major accounts in order to manage key opinion leaders and other influencers.
- Targeted: Targets new and existing accounts maximising and increasing product compliances in key strategic accounts
- Clinical knowledge: To maintain a high level of clinical knowledge of both their products and Competitor Products. Be able to deliver exceptional clinical product training to active accounts in a timely and professional manner.
- Organisation & Business Planning: To produce, maintain and implement detailed business plans for all accounts in order to meet or exceed sales and profit objectives. Ensuring new business is forecasted timely.
- Pricing: Obtain approval for all pricing to be quoted to customers with Manager / Director before committing the company.
- Administration: To maintain and update accurate territory management information and deliver general admin duties accurately and on time.
Preferred Education, Qualifications and experience
- 3 Years successful sales experience in medical / medicinal devices or healthcare industry sales essential OR Current Registered Nurse / Theatre Manager / ODP or with extensive operating theatre experience
- Science or business degree / nursing qualification / ODP qualification
- ABPI / ABHI (desirable)
- Valid Driving Licence
- To have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior communication and educational presentation skills
- Appreciation and detailed understanding of product adoption process within the local health services economy
- Excellent decision making and being able to work with little supervision.
- Good competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Science or business degree / nursing / Theatres qualification
Working Conditions and Environment
- The position is predominantly field based and accordingly the need to be in the company’s office is minimal.
- From time to time, you may need to travel overseas for training and customer visits.
- Your normal working hours will be 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. You will be entitled to one hour for lunch. You may be required to work additional hours to these depending on the reasonable requirements of the Company. However, as a member of the support team you will be expected to work appropriate hours in order to fully carry out your responsibilities. Due to the nature of your position, this may include evening or weekend work where necessary. You will not be entitled to any additional salary in respect of any such additional hours of work.
- Salary – Negotiable depending on experience – Basic ranging from €60K to €65K with potential bonus of up to €30K
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare contribution
- Private Pension Contribution (after 1 year probation period).
- Subsistence Allowance: €11.25 per day
- Annual Leave: 20 days (Rising by 1 day per service year, up to maximum of 25 days).
- Mobile phone & Laptop computer provided