Monday 8th January 2018
Overview of role:
I am currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager coming from a FMCG background.
- Floor Management
- Day-to- day effective management of production, ensuring goods are produced in a timely and cost effective manner
- To ensure a safe, well maintained production area operating in accordance with company standards for quality, costs, efficiency, safety, security and housekeeping
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving process improvements, address obstacles and provide resources to assist team members in overcoming issues and streamlining work processes
- Establish performance targets for the Production unit and monitor and report on all results. Including; improvement of production goals, cost reduction efforts, inventory status, process improvements, employee engagement and other topics of critical interest
- Lead and develop the capability and performance of your team by promoting and encouraging all employees to deliver a quality product on a consistent basis while always maintaining a positive working environment
- Assist the NPD team with all new product development implementation
- Production Planning
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, stock control and improvements
- While working closely with the General Manager to ensure forecasted production volume is delivered on time, within specified quality/quantity and at optimum cost in line with our manufacturing results
- Capacity planning across labour, machines and manufacturing capability
- Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery in line with orders in / out
- Identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements
- Drive continuous improvement philosophy within the Business
- Materials Planning
- Forecast material requirements ensuring minimum stock levels to meet current and future customer demand
- Improve processes, policies and procedures in support of business goals and objectives
- People Management
- Provide training for all employees in order to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied and maintained
- Drive and implement our performance management procedure and subsequently encourage your team to continuously improve and develop
- Devise and implement initiatives that will increase productivity and employee motivation.
- Actively promote company culture, mission and values
Suitable candidate must have minimum of 4 to 5 years experience as Production Supervisor / Manager.
Salary would be in around the €45k mark but is negotiable for the right person.