Service and Repair Technician
Friday 2nd February 2024
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for a Workshop based Service & Repair Technician (mechanical), for our client based in Rathcoole Co. Dublin.
The successful candidate will be part of a team servicing and repairing mechanical medical equipment such as wheelchairs, hoists, hospital standard beds and other patient lifting equipment.
This is a hands on role suited to candidates who have previously worked in a technical environment, who have the ability to analyse the problem, design a solution and perform the tasks required as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Due to the location of the role, own transport is required!
- Diagnose, identify any equipment performance issues
- Carry out all service and repairs ensuring equipment ready for use and dispatch as soon as possible
- Working with 12V – 24V DC equipment, fault finding using multi-meter
- Liaise with spare parts and procurement teams to ensure all necessary parts and equipment on hand to perform duties.
- Manage own spare parts inventory
- Completion of reports daily updating IT service and repair system
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a technical related field
- Relevant mechanical qualification
- Previous equipment maintenance experience a distinct advantage
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Must be fluent in English
- Very good PC Skills – experienced in Microsoft Office use essential
- Have the desire/ability to learn new skills with a view to quick progression
- This is a full time permanent role
- Monday to Friday hours typically 8am to 5pm.
- The starting salary is €31K plus benefits. Overtime is regularly available