Special Events Shipping Coordinator
Wednesday 10th January 2018
Overview of role:
My client manages and coordinates event logistics in over 28 countries.
Due to an increase of business and client events they are looking to recruit a full time permanent person to work as a Special Events Shipping Coordinator.
- In addition to their event freight forwarding needs the project removals / precision equipment handling, packaging and transport is very much a key part of this role
- Meeting initially with the client to get a detailed understanding of the event / details on the materials to be transported / location of event / timeframes etc
- Organise & manage from start to finish the overall logistics necessary for each event
- Overseeing the preparation and packaging of materials for shipment
- Responsible for all handling of freight at all stages of transport
- Responsible for collating all documentation from client to freight forwarding agent
- Being hands on throughout the event to ensure sufficiency for example standing over all procedures carried out / being prepared to get hands on should it be required for example physically getting involved moving materials
- Solving any problems that arise throughout in a calm, professional and timely manner
- Handing over all materials / product to client at end destination and getting sign off on success from client
- Most of the clients are either in manufacturing or medical industry
- This role will mainly be based in Dublin North however travel to different clients sites and storages unites will be necessary, located in Dublin / Kildare and Dublin City Centre
- Minimum 3 to 4 years experience in a shipping OR freight forwarding OR transport role covering Ireland + Europe
- Must come from a strong logistics background
- Experience dealing with manufacturing or pharmaceutical clients would be a huge advantage
- Experience dealing directly with end client, excellent customer services and interpersonal skills
- Professional and ambitious
- Experience in problem solving and meeting deadlines
This role is suitable for someone that meets the above criteria and is also looking to develop a career, being in a management role and rewarded with excellent salary + bonus.
Someone that takes pride in his / her work and would take satisfaction in managing projects / events and getting the success of client satisfaction
Salary on this role is open to negotiation for the right person but will range at €30K to €35K + bonus.