Thursday 1st February 2024
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager for a Chartered Accountancy and Business Advisory firm with a network of offices nationwide.
With c.250 employees our client provides a wide range of tax, audit and accounting services to domestic and overseas businesses in Ireland, and a team of over 30 Tax Professionals and 4 Tax Partners that provide expert compliance, consultancy and advisory services to a variety of corporate and personal clients domestically and internationally.
The client base includes multinational and domestic groups (inbound and outbound) operating in diverse sectors including technology, med-tech, manufacturing, renewables, property and hospitality and the business provides dynamic solutions to their clients including, corporate restructures, mergers and acquisitions, succession and retirement planning, inbound and outbound investment and relocation, and working with private clients – investment, wealth management and tax planning.
We are looking for an experience Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager to compliment the team. You have the option of being office based, working from home or a hybrid combination. The role can be tailored for you based on your experience and career development objectives – whether you want to broaden your role to gain consultancy experience across all tax heads, continue to focus on compliance or retain/develop a niche focus on a specialist area.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and lead the delivery of high quality tax advice and service to those clients
- Work closely with the Tax Partners, Directors on developing the service provided to a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Undertaking specific consultancy assignments, in all areas of tax, to include Income Tax, Corporation Tax, CGT, CAT and VAT.
- Advise clients on business structuring, mergers and acquisitions, cross border expansion, financing, tax audits etc
- Advise clients on succession planning
- Produce reports and presentations for clients
- Engage with Revenue on client matters, including Revenue audits
- Manage a tax team
- Assist with firm wide training and business development initiatives
- Membership of the Irish Taxation Institute
- Top 10 firm experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Ideally 2 years post qualification experience in a management role in a tax practice or industry in Ireland
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A broad range of experience
- An ability to manage a high performing team
- Broad exposure to tax consultancy assignments would be desirable, but not essential
- Salary Guide for this position will depend on years’ experience and qualifications but will range as follows and is negotiable for the right person: €70K to €90K guide
- Flexible working arrangements – the ability to work at home, or from one of our many offices nationwide
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Professional Subscriptions
- Corporate Discounts
- Social Club
- Employee Incentive Schemes
- Holidays up to 25 a year