Junior Medical Administrator – Westmeath
Wednesday 1st November 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively recruiting for a Junior Medical Administrator for a busy clinic based in Athlone Co. Westmeath.
You will perform a range of duties which includes preparing the patient to see the Consultant, (preliminary exam, medical history, & testing), performing basic and routine vision screening examinations, administering eye medications once fully trained.
Due to the location of the role you must have your own transport. You may from need to travel between our other clinics in the area for training or to provide holiday cover, so own transport is essential.
Job Responsibilities will include the following, please note full training will be provided:
- Perform complete ophthalmic history and preliminary exams, sub-specialty tests
- Perform pre-exam testing to include visual acuity assessment, including pinhole, visual field testing, pupillary dilation, and all other patient services as requested by the Consultant including special tests such as dry eye testing
- Perform and specialised testing such as visual fields, ophthalmic photography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), Optical Biometry (IOL, Master and Lensstar)
- Administering medications and topical treatments
- Performs set standard number of patient work-ups based on established times while maintaining quality of customer service
- Educate patients regarding administration of medications and pre- and post-operative instructions as directed by Consultant
- Assist with maintenance of clinical examination equipment
- Check expiration date and inventory as necessary
- Open and close exam rooms daily, ensuring that equipment is wiped down in an appropriate manner, battery powered instruments are seated properly in re-charge wells and slit lamps are switched off under covers
- Follow all safety procedures as per guidelines
Suitable candidate should have the following to qualify for this role:
- 1 year experience in an office environment would be ideal or in a customer service environment
- Strong PC skills along with attention to detail on spelling and grammar
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a neat and professional appearance.
- Position requires a great deal of initiative and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously Employees must maintain patient confidentiality
- Our client supports this role to prepare and achieve certification from JCAHPO (Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology)
- Further skills may then be determined to progress to a senior role
- Suitable candidate must have 100% level of English Written & Oral
- Salary commences at €25,000 and increases to €27,000 on completion of the JCAHPO exams then will increase again if promoted into a Senior Role
- Hours of work will vary from 8.30am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5pm